Return Your Library Books, Or Go To Jail!

Colorado resident, Aaron Henson, was handcuffed and thrown into the back of a police car after being stopped at a license check.  To his surprise there was a warrant out for his arrest.  Arrest for what?  Non-payment of overdue library book fines. 
An ordinance in the county were Aaron lives makes it to when if you don't pay the over due fine it turns into a citation.  Non-payment of the citation leads to a warrant for arrest.
The warrant Henson was brought in on in January was actually for failure to appear. The town claimed it sent numerous bills, notices, a summons and a notice of a court date, but they apparently were all sent to a previous address and Henson saw none of them.
Lovely, isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get To Know Me

My photo
I'm 23 years old. I'm currently attending Gaston College and I am in the Broadcasting Production Program. Be sure and check out my music, video, and comment my posts!