Hollywood Sign Gets Spared



Recently the famous Hollywood sign was spared by huge fund raising.  A $900,000 donation by Playboy founder, Hugh Hefner, and a $500,000 matching grant capped a $12.5 million fund raising drive to protect 138 acres near the famous sign from the development of luxury estates.
"The Hollywood sign has been spared from urban sprawl and will stand unobstructed to welcome future actors, writers and Austrian bodybuilders," Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said on Monday.
 As long as the sign has been there I would personally hate to see it go.  It's like a trademark or emblem for Hollywood.  It's even one of the most famous tourist attractions in the area. 
I do however, think it is quite ridiculous that so much money had to be raised to protect it.  I guess that is lavish Hollywood for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get To Know Me

My photo
I'm 23 years old. I'm currently attending Gaston College and I am in the Broadcasting Production Program. Be sure and check out my music, video, and comment my posts!