Would you camp out... for a job!?

Over the weekend in Queens, NY hundreds of people camped out on the streets in the rain, in hopes of getting a job through a union elevator repair company.  The company gave out 750 applications to the prospective hopefuls. 
I know the economy is bad, and being unemployed myself I can understand the dire need or having a job.  I'm not sure if I would go to such great lengths like camping out in the streets, but I definitely can relate to these people.  I hope most of them get jobs and I wish them luck in their job search endeavors.
Check out this news report video.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/newyorkcbs2-15751042/despite-rain-hundreds-camp-for-job-in-queens-19325369

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get To Know Me

My photo
I'm 23 years old. I'm currently attending Gaston College and I am in the Broadcasting Production Program. Be sure and check out my music, video, and comment my posts!